Data is the lifeblood of anything we experience in the digital world. But, data isn’t always of the same nature. Sometimes, it’s as simple as counting apples, while other times we might be dealing with highly complex mathematical formulas. Needless to say, in web design, a table can be understood as a pricing table. So, the diversity of tables is definitely there. And to manage this diversity on your own WordPress website you need a set of reliable plugins.
The following WordPress table plugins can be considered as the best for their individual categories. We are covering simple responsive table plugins, but also more advanced tools for displaying table content from famous software tools in the spreadsheet market.
The Easy Pricing Tables is an alternative pricing table plugin with 30,000+ active users. This easy to use plugin provides a fully responsive table data interface. Furthermore, Easy Pricing Tables differs from similar plugins because it can compare two sets of data. If you’re unafraid to mention your competitors, you can use EPT to compare the benefits of using your products versus using the competitor’s product. This brilliant plugin from Fatcat Apps is also available in a Premium version which incorporates additional features.
- Create stunning pricing tables using an intuitive dashboard.
- Supports shortcodes and can be used in any WordPress theme.
- Table design is fully customizable; colors, borders, fonts, etc,.
TablePress enables WordPress bloggers to create and maintain beautifully designed tables. After creating a new table, you can embed it into your blog posts, within widget areas, and even your pages. When editing your table data you will be using a spreadsheet-style user interface, which requires no coding skills on your part. Furthermore, TablePress supports complex data structures and can evaluate the evaluation of a formula if necessary. As a result, TablePress is seen as a universal table plugin for all levels of use.
- Tables can be imported and exported from/to Excel, CSV, HTML, and JSON files.
- Separate management dashboard within the admin panel.
- Localized so you can translate in new languages.
Supsystic continues to invest their creative energy into producing high-quality WordPress plugins. Data Tables Generator allows WP users to create and process their data into SEO optimized tables. This plugin is capable of structuring complex information and can be customized for specific requirements. Furthermore, DTG is built so that you can customize the appearance of your tables to fit the overall design of your site. The settings dashboard of DTG feels intuitive and provides helpful markers for each feature.
- Fully responsive without any coding requirements.
- Supports tables, charts, diagrams and visual graphs.
- Custom search filter for navigating and organizing tables.
Here we have yet another table-related plugin from Supsystic. This time, it’s a pricing table plugin. It’s no secret that small businesses and startups are flocking towards WordPress as their primary website solution. And for good reasons. The WordPress ecosystem has evolved enough that businesses can process payments, create communities, and provide solid support lines from within a single WP installation. As a result, Supsystic has crafted a stellar pricing tables plugin for anyone who wishes to sell directly from their WP site. Most of all, Pricing Table is fully Drag & Drop enabled, making the process of working with this plugin an absolute breeze.
- Mobile-friendly even with multiple pricing columns.
- Add unlimited rows and columns.
- All styling is separate from the core layout, making it accessible for customization.
Learning HTML or CSS isn’t everyone’s cup of tea. As a result, developers have produced numerous alternatives for creating tables on the fly. One such example of a plugin is from John Tendik. His Responsive Tables plugin is specifically designed to help entry-level WordPress users with creating responsive tables. The ease of use for this plugin has accounted to thousands of active installations already.
- You can convert existing CSV files into HTML tables.
- Custom sizes for breakpoints, all responsive.
- Custom sorting algorithm for unlimited table rows/columns.
Advanced Custom Fields is a WordPress data fields plugin with millions of users. It’s the most popular WordPress plugin for adding new form data to an existing plugin, theme, or WordPress system itself. The Table Field plugin adds an additional form for editing tables. The interface of this plugin is so simple that you’ll forget what it was like to write table data yourself.
- Create custom table headers.
- Add, edit, or remove rows and columns.
- Dragging feature for reorganizing table structure.
Farhan Noor is offering his Table Sorter plugin as a way to improve the default HTML5 table structure. With Table Sorter, you can transform standard HTML5 table data into a more dynamic experience. Meaning, this plugin can interpret numerous types of tables (inside or outside of WordPress) and assign them with a “sorting” feature. As a result, your readers can find the data they are looking for much more quickly.
- Sorting based on single or multi-column settings.
- Enable or disable columns which can be sorted.
- Sort one or more columns simultanously.
MLRT is a lightweight plugin which can convert existing HTML tables into mobile-friendly data tables. It’s renowned as a must-have tool for responsive design websites. HTML tables are not known for their flexibility to adapt to small screens, so this is a wonderful way to fix that problem.
- Checkmark for enabling/disabling the plugin.
- You can set the specific class or id number for which tables to be transformed.
- Custom settings for responsive breakpoints based on device size.
Table Generator from Hassan Akhtar is a minimalistic WP plugin for generating comparison and pricing tables. Of course, the tables are responsive and optimized with latest HTML standards. The powerful interface is so simple that you don’t need to write even a single line of code. Needless to say, incorporating your tables into posts is as simple as adding a shortcode.
- Intuitive interface which does most of the hard work on your behalf.
- Visual extensions like icons for table names.
- Can fetch existing Table stylsheet rules from your CSS files.
The basic utilization of HTML Tables is rather meritless. However, programs like Excel and Google Spreadsheet provide more sophisticated ways of playing with any kind of data. As a result, some developers have worked hard to bring those features to WordPress. An example of this is the Inline Google Spreadsheet plugin. With IGSV you can import your existing Google Spreadsheets into WordPress and display them as inline content. You can transform your spreadsheet into an interactive chart or graph, embed documents other than spreadsheets, and customize the HTML of your table using shortcodes.
- Automated updates for spreadsheet files within a post whenever you make changes.
- Beautiful addition of visual charts and graphs capabilities.
- Unique query language for modifying the design of your tables/charts.